Kaleigh Coolsaet is a licensed naturopathic physician who is dedicated to educating and empowering her patients to help them live and lead healthier lives. Dr. Coolsaet has combined her background in biological sciences along with nutritional sciences to help patients determine the root cause of their illness, rather than providing temporary fixes for chronic health concerns.
In 2009 she completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Guelph obtaining a bachelors of science with honours in biological sciences as well as a minor in nutritional sciences. It was her interest and passion in nutritional sciences that inspired her to further her studies in nutrition and health. This lead her to complete her studies in naturopathic medicine at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM). During her studies at BINM she was an active member of the students association as well as a board member of Naturopaths Without Borders (NWB). Being a part of NWB she was able to travel to provide naturopathic medicine in Puerto Penasco, Mexico and aided in providing naturopathic medicine to other global health initiatives.
Passionate about the health of her patients, Dr. Coolsaet has obtained several additional certifications including IV therapies, acupuncture and holds pharmaceutical prescription rights in British Columbia. She also has additional training in methylation and clinical nutrigenomics, as well as craniosacral therapy (CST). By staying up to date on medical research she is able to combine the latest research with the proven healing modalities of naturopathic medicine to create a well balanced evidenced-based approach to achieving optimum health for her patients.
The following is a list of conditions or concerns she has a special focus on:
- General Health (Fatigue, detoxification, genetics & methylation (MTHFR) concerns, stress management, anti-aging, etc.)
- Endocrinology (Weight Loss, thyroid disorders, adrenal Fatigue, diabetes, etc.)
- Women’s Health (PMS, fertility, pregnancy, menopause, hormone replacement, etc.)
- Mental Health (Depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc.)
- Digestive Health (Constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, etc.)
- Immune Health (Common cold & flu, acute & chronic infections, allergies, etc.)
- Skin Health (Acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc.)
Her patients can expect to receive a thorough health intake, a complete physical exam and recommendations for lab testing to determine the root cause of their symptoms. Upon obtaining a comprehensive health history an individualized and specific treatment protocol will be prescribed. A treatment protocol may include any of the following modalities: clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, acupuncture, lifestyle counseling, and/or pharmaceutical agents depending on the condition being treated.
Outside of practicing as a Naturopathic Doctor, Kaleigh enjoys an active lifestyle in Whitehorse practicing yoga, hiking, and skiing. She enjoys cooking and experimenting with new healthy recipes that she can share with her patients.
Dr. Kaleigh Coolsaet is a member and in good standing in the following:
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC) – cnpbc.bc.ca
- The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) – cand.ca
- BC Naturopathic Doctors (BCND) – bcnd.ca
- Yukon Association of Naturopathic Doctors (YAND) – yand.ca